Care and Maintenance
Double sided rugs
Rugs are manufactured with recycled cotton. Natural cotton fibers are delicate and require special care.
So in order to enjoy your rug as long as possible, please follow the instructions below:
- Vacuum regularly in the setting suitable for the carpet.
- Spray carbonated water on the rug and let it dry on it. Then clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Try to change the side every month to prevent it from aging quickly.
- It is not suitable for intensive use areas, such as offices or home entrance hall.
Handwoven wool rugs are warm underfoot, durable, and work beautifully with any style of interior. Wool is made of renewable fibers that deter bacterial growth, and also it contains lanolin that naturally repels stains and dust mites naturally. For long term sustainability, you should care for it correctly to protect rug.
How to clean wool rugs?
We always recommend professional carpet cleaning yearly if possible.
Routine vacuuming is crucial to maintaining the lifetime of the fibers. A new wool rug can shed fibers which is totally normal. The larger part of the shedding will occur in the first few months if you vacuum at least twice a week. Use a good vacuum with a beater bar to help lift embedded dust and dirt.
Shake out the Dirt
Take the rug outside and hang it over a stable something. Use a broom, tennis racket, or rug beater to hit the rug all over to loosen deeply embedded dirt.
- Institute a "no shoes indoors" policy that can help stretch the time between necessary cleanings.
- If your pet has had an accident on your wool rug, neutralize the odour by dabbing a bit of white distilled vinegar on the area.
- To freshen your wool carpet in between cleanings, opt for a "dry bath" of dry carpet shampoo formulated for wool rugs.
- Hiring a professional carpet cleaner is the best choice to clean wool carpeting.
Suggestion upon the arrival of the rug:
Due to our ecological minimum package policy, our products reach you folded.
The fold will be fixed after a while, if you want it to be straight immediately, you can iron it at low temperature by putting fabric on it.